8 Ways to Make the Most of Your Paid Social Media Budget
There is no one-size-fits-all spending formula for social media, just like one brand’s failed content is another brand’s big win. It really all depends on an individual brand. So when it comes to budgeting, it can be hard to determine if you are throwing money in the trash or building up your social presence.
Luckily, there are steps to make trackable progress with your social media dollars. Here are 8 ways to make sure you are spending with tip-top efficiency:
- Master (and maintain) audience targeting. Custom audiences, look-alike models, geo-based targeting, and interest-based audiences are just some techniques. Make the most of individual platform targeting capabilities.
- Actively manage paid social media spend. Don’t leave your campaigns to simmer too long. Review your individual campaigns frequently and your social media investments quarterly.
- Expect disruption … forever. Apple and Google have made big changes to the privacy and tracking. Try your best to account for new tracking and measurement methods ahead of the ever-changing data landscape.
- Create content where your engaged users are. Brand-engaged users use a given social media platform at least once a week, and enjoy seeing content from brands. Target these users where they’re most abundant by building platform-specific social content.
- Budget for TV advertising to complement your paid social. Guide media investments into over-the-top (OTT) TV, connected TV (CTV) and YouTube in ways that work well with your social campaigns.
- Pair your paid social and earned media. The volume of consumer posts about brands continues to grow. Take advantage of this built-in engagement and use it to fuel your paid content as well.
- Don’t be afraid to stray from the pack. While the big dogs like Facebook and YouTube are tried and true, set aside media budgets for emerging platforms. Don’t be afraid to experiment placing ads with smaller, growing platforms.
- Develop a pipeline of relevant social content. One of the biggest lifts for SMMs and brands is successfully optimizing your assets, scaling your production, and building a robust pipeline of content.
Check out the full article by Gartner for more pieces of budget and tracking advice.
Looking for a new way to plan and stay organized? DYNO Mapper was specifically created for website content organization. It helps you with content curation and checking for mistakes in your website’s structure. It has plenty of features to make your life easier, including visual sitemaps, content inventories, content audits, content planners, daily keyword trackers, PLUS website accessibility testing.
It also has a great integration with Google Analytics to track keywords that are integral in deciding which topics you should use for content.
Leave it to the scientists
Experimentation is scary work.
And since there is no golden formula for social media, it’s best to consult the experts.
Carney is a dynamic, digital agency with a team of strategists and creatives who can turn your budget woes into wins. We will find your brand’s mix of platforms and spending for the best conversion chemistry.
Hit us up to talk more about your organic and paid social goals.
Whiskey Over Worries
Tullamore D.E.W. agrees that this world is crazy and the internet hasn’t helped. It released an ad as a way to express the culture around its unwavering whiskey and the people who drink it.
It’s a sweet little anthem that just may get stuck in your head. While it does give a little bit of an “old man shaking hist fist at the world” attitude, the happiness of the jingle makes up for it.