Marketing Podcast with David Newman
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview David Newman. He’s the founder of the Do It! MBA mentoring program and the host of The Selling Show, a top-rated business podcast. He is the author of the business bestseller Do It! Marketing, and his new book, Do It! Selling, where David helps professional services sellers land better clients, bigger deals, and higher fees.
Successful selling requires reframing sales as an invitation, and a conversation with an approach to authenticity, curiosity, and service. David Newman joins me to talk about the frameworks needed to generate more effective selling. This requires developing skills of being strategically dumb and perpetually curious, digging deeper into the problem. David emphasizes the importance of focusing on the prospect’s needs and cultivating a mindset of curiosity.
Questions I ask David Newman:
- [01:51] Why do you think many people despise the word selling?
- [02:59] Why do you suppose that selling is considered the hardest work for most people?
- [05:07] Are there certain skills traits, and personality traits that make somebody better than somebody else at selling?
- [07:28] How do you break down the set journey or stages of selling?
- [10:22] Based on the training that people have received over the years for good or bad; things like overcoming objectives or closing problems, do they still have a place in Do It! Selling?
- [15:15] How do you teach people to overcome that fear of price? which is a fear of rejection.
- [17:40] Are there unique aspects for professional services sellers?
- [21:31] How do I go out there and start kind of knocking on doors without cold calling? How do I start building some opportunities?
More About David Newman:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.