Marketing Podcast with Jonah Berger
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jonah Berger. Jonah is a Wharton School professor and internationally bestselling author of Contagious, Invisible Influence, and The Catalyst. He has a new book we’re going to talk about — Magic Words: What to Say to Get Your Way.
Words are crucial to almost everything we do, including communicating, persuading, and connecting. In this episode, Jonah Berger joins me to discuss the science of language and how certain words have a more significant impact than others. You’ll learn practical tips on how to use those magic words to make a real difference.
Questions I ask Jonah Berger:
- [01:23] Would you say there’s kind of a theme or a thread that’s run through your work?
- [02:17] Would you go as far as saying that you are advising people to be scientifically intentional about the words they choose when they’re influencing?
- [04:06] What was the research that you did like to compile the six types of words that can increase impact in every area of your life?
- [07:30] At what point does the concept you’re talking about become a negative influence?
- [09:59] What have you noticed in what the example you use in the book, Donald Trump, has done that has actually influenced people, you know, regardless of how you feel about it?
- [16:55] What role does listening play in this universe?
- [19:18] Can you unpack the language of beer?
- [21:18] Where can people connect with you and learn more about your work?
More About Jonah Berger:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals seeking the best education and inspiration to grow a business.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.