Building A Better Loyalty Program
Brand loyalty from customers is an extremely competitive thing. Brands that gain that type of following have to have a great product, align with the values of their customers, and provide a high-value experience. Part of that high-value portion can live with loyalty programs.
Tips for Building Your Own Loyalty Program:
- Building Personalization Into Your Loyalty Program Experience: No, really. Personalize the heck out of this. Marketers get this advice constantly but still fall short of personalized experiences for their users. The common solution involves automatic program elements based on a member’s purchases, rewards redeemed, events, and other actions.
- Adding Gamification Elements: Using gamification to promote trust and recognition can help you make an experience that’s all the more impactful for your customers. Examples of gamification in loyalty programs include treasure hunts, prize wheels, and social contests.
- Rewarding Soft Actions: Show your customers that you care about them by rewarding them for performing various soft actions that are fun or important to them, not just purchases.
- Creative Point Redemption: Allow customers to choose the way they spend their points, or give them the option to donate points to a cause that’s near and dear.
- Building A More Emotional Loyalty Program: Loyalty programs are historically a transaction-based strategy, so it can be hard to steer away from “every X purchase gets you Y.” Trust, recognition, and lasting impressions are three huge elements that help to make a loyalty program more emotional, which can stick harder.
Overall, you should use your loyalty program to actively learn more about customers. This can come from directly asking questions but can also utilize buying behavior and testing out suggestions.
Check out more examples and details on loyalty programs from he Forbes article.
Speaking of loyalty…the whole idea behind using influencers, creators, endorsers, and ambassadors for brands is to tap into those groups’ loyal following. Need help finding the right people to back your brand? Fohr is an ambassador marketing company to help you out. Strategize, plan, and execute successful brand building influencer campaigns with a self-serve platform (or utilize a personal account executive). It’s great for long term partnerships with influencers or gererating more campaign content for your feeds.
Heard in the Herd
Building brands that break through the noise is what we do best.
Carney is the agency behind The Daily Carnage. We love giving you daily inspiration, news, and tools to make you the sharpest marketer in the room. It’s because we’re pretty sharp ourselves. Our team of strategists, designers, and developers are experts at taking brands to new heights.
Let us take your brand places, too.
Watch What You Wear
Do you know what goes into the manufacturing of clothes? It’s not as simple as weaving and sewing anymore. The rise of fast fashion means using synthetic materials created in bulk. The Woolmark Company put out a shocking ad overlaid with some statistics on oil use in synthetic clothing. It’s visually stunning and worth a watch along with a second thought.